Thursday, May 29, 2008

Kingston May 29th

It still amazes me that yesterday morning I woke up halfway around the world in Paris, France and last night I crawled into my own bed in Kingston, Ontario Canada!! I left here with snow still on the ground and returned to leafy trees, a green (and freshly mown!) lawn and lilacs in full bloom ringing the property. That certainly eases any sadness I may have as my adventures come to an end! Today it will begin to sink in and I will start pulling out the memories and marvelling at one of the best years of my life!

This will, of course, be the last blog entry. I have so enjoyed having an audience to share my adventures with me. It has given me the opportunity to stop at the end of every day and spend some time reflecting on all that I have seen and done. It's been an incredible journey!

The song "I Hope You Dance" is a favourite and is a mantra I have tried to live this year...and will continue to hang onto in the coming years. I hope you all find the time to "dance" in your lives. It's a great world and a wonderful life!

I Hope You Dance

I hope you never lose your sense of wonder
You get your fill to eat
But always keep that hunger
May you never take one single breath for granted
God forbid love ever leave you empty handed
I hope you still feel small
When you stand by the ocean
Whenever one door closes, I hope one more opens
Promise me you'll give faith a fighting chance
And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance
I hope you dance
I hope you dance
I hope you never fear those mountains in the distance
Never settle for the path of least resistance
Living might mean taking chances
But they're worth taking
Lovin' might be a mistake
But it's worth making
Don't let some hell bent heart
Leave you bitter
When you come close to selling out
Reconsider
Give the heavens above
More than just a passing glance
And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance
I hope you dance