Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Message from Kim via Bev


The phone rang bright and early this morning--around 7:10 Sault Ste. Marie time. I was surprised to hear Kim's voice on the other end and then a little concerned as I wondered what would prompt a call so early in the day. They were en route to Ireland via ferry and were in VERY rough seas--SO rough, in fact that they were ALL in need of Gravol but, unfortunately, were not permitted to return to their car to get to their supply. They were somewhat nervous as one of the songs that was playing on the loudspeaker was the theme from the movie "Titanic" ("My Heart Will Go On"). Later on, they heard "I Will Go Down with the Ship". I think Mom was starting to feel that the end was near as SHE began singing "Nearer My God to Thee"! Despite the concern over the rocking and rolling of the ferry and the VERY high waves, they all seemed to be in good humour. I had a message on my phone about an hour later saying that they had arrived safely and would attempt to find an internet cafe in the next few days to update us all with regards to their travels in Ireland.